Today's project is something I recently made as a (rather late!) little housewarming token for Michelle over in her HK apartment. As Michelle is a fellow Hufflepuff I chose to decorate the ornament with both the Hogwarts crest and a section from the very first page of Harry Potter And The Philosopher's Stone but of course you can use any book you like!
Don't worry, I didn't cut up an actual copy of Harry Potter to DIY this gift - instead I photocopied my chosen pages.
You will need: book pages or photocopies, a wooden/MDF ornament, matte Mod Podge, a brush, scissors, a hole punch, ribbon, a bead
1. Take your chosen papers and trace around the wooden shape twice so you'll have one piece for each side
2. Cut out your shapes - don't forget to use a hole punch to remove paper where the hanging loop will go!
3. Apply a layer of Mod Podge to one side of your shape then stick on one of the papers and set aside to dry
4. Apply a couple of layers of Mod Podge over the top of the paper to seal it in place and protect it from any damage then set aside until fully dry
5. Repeat this process for the other side of the shape
6. Once dried add on a ribbon and bead/s to turn it into an ornament
As always I'd love to hear from you if you try out this or any other project from my DIY Archives - if you liked this project don't forget to Pin it!