Sunday, 28 December 2014
DIY Long Drop Earrings (Perfect for NYE!)
This weekend I've got another quick and simple jewellery tutorial for you, and if you're heading out to a NYE party this week these pretty long drop style earrings would be perfect to make just in time!
You will need: two beads, two headpins, two earring wires, two lengths of chain (approx. 2" each), round and flat nosed pliers
1. Start by threading a bead onto one of the headpins and use flat nose pliers to bend the wire at the right angle a little way up from the bead
2. Switch to your round nose pliers to create a hanging loop. To do this clamp the wire in between the two barrels and bend it around creating part of a circle
3. Move this down onto the bottom barrel and continue bending the wire to complete the loop
4. Clamp your flat nosed pliers onto the loop to hold it in place and wrap the excess length of wire around the space between the loop and the bead
5. Add this onto one end of your length of chain then add an earring wire onto the other end to complete the earring
6. Repeat all of the steps to create a second earring and you're done!
As always I'd love to hear from you if you try out this or any other project from my DIY Archives - if you liked this project don't forget to Pin it! Happy DIY-ing!
© e-elise etc | All rights reserved.