Sunday, 7 December 2014
DIY Festive Bunting Necklace
Today's festive project is this cute red, gold and silver beaded bunting necklace - perfect for wearing to a Christmas party. This project can also easily be customised for any time of year, just switch out the festive shades for spring pastels or summer brights!
To make your own you will need: jewellery wire, red and gold seed beads, round and flat nose pliers, wire cutters, jump rings, a necklace chain
1. Cut a strip of wire approx. 3.5" long and use your flat nosed pliers to bend into a V shape
2. Next, thread seed beads onto each side of the V - make sure you use the same amount on each side!
3. To secure the beads in place, bend the wire ends inwards creating a triangle shape
4. Take one end of the wire and thread on a few more beads, then bend the wire at a right angle away from the beads - this should line up with the point of your triangle
5. Bend the wire at a right angle again, then trim down the end and use your round nose pliers to create a loop
6. Now take the other end of your wire and thread on a few more beads so it will meet up with the other side. Then wrap this end of wire around the first wire below the loop to secure everything together in a triangle shape. Trim off any excess wire if necessary and you have a completed triangle pendant!
Repeat these steps until you have your desired amount of triangle pendants
7. Finally use jump rings to attach the pendants onto your chain, making sure they are evenly spaced apart and your necklace will be ready to wear!
As always I'd love to hear from you if you try out this or any other project from my DIY Archives - if you liked this project don't forget to Pin it!
© e-elise etc | All rights reserved.