Sunday, 30 November 2014
DIY Snowman Tea Light Ornament
As mentioned in my previous festive DIY this year I'll be sharing Christmas projects perfect for those on a budget. Today's clever idea was inspired by Pinterest where I stumbled across lots of variations of this snowman ornament made from a white battery powered tea light. The glowing orange/yellow of the faux flame is perfect for creating the snowman's carrot nose and makes for an adorable decoration!
To make your own you will need: a white battery powered tea light, a glue gun, a black permenant marker, felt, ribbon & paper scraps, and scissors
1. Start by drawing eyes and a mouth onto the tea light using a permenant marker
2. Cut a length of ribbon (approx. 15") and tie a knot at around halfway to create the hanging loop
3. Use your glue gun to attach this around the outside of the tealight - make sure the loop is at the top and glue about halfway around each side leaving a length of ribbon loose at the bottom
4. Knot the remaining ribbon under the bottom edge of the tea light to create a 'scarf'
5. To finish create a hat using scraps of felt and/or paper and glue on to the front of the tealight
As always I'd love to hear from you if you try out this or any other project from my DIY Archives - if you liked this project don't forget to Pin it!
© e-elise etc | All rights reserved.