Sunday, 5 October 2014
DIY Pumpkin Lantern
Today's Halloween project is a quick and easy upcycle that will look perfect on your windowsill whether you're having a spooky party or a night in with some scary movies.
The method for making these is just like the Upcycled Glass Jars which I shared a video tutorial for back in January. All you'll need is some glass jars, orange tissue paper, PVA glue or Mod Podge, a sponge or brush, scissors, tealights & black acrylic paint, a marker or black tissue paper.
If you want to turn the jar into a lantern that can be hung up you'll also need wire and pliers.
1. Start by cutting strips of your orange tissue paper which are around 1" wide
2. Paint glue or Mod Podge directly onto the surface of the jar and start adding on strips of tissue, overlapping them slightly to make sure the whole jar is covered
3. Add another layer of glue or Mod Podge on top of the tissue to seal it in place and set aside to dry fully
4. Once the jars are dry use black tissue paper or paint to add on the pumpkin face and again leave to dry
5. Place a tealight inside the jar and display on your windowsill to create glowing Halloween pumpkins!
If you want to turn the jar into a hanging lantern here's a great tutorial I found over on Craftynest!
As always I'd love to hear from you if you try out this or any other project from my DIY Archives - if you liked this project don't forget to Pin it!
For more DIY projects visit www.eightandsixteen.co.uk
© e-elise etc | All rights reserved.