Today's DIY is a great last-minute Halloween project as it's quick, easy and as you can see from the photographs above the bow is also a versatile accessory! To make your own bat bow you will need: a sheet of black felt, pins, a needle & thread, scissors, thin card or paper, a pen
1. First you'll need to create a template. To do this fold your sheet of card in half and draw on half a bow shape with bat wing style edges - it should look something like the one shown below!
2. Cut out your template, pin it onto the sheet of felt and carefully cut around it
3. Accordion fold the centre to create the bow shape, pin in place and add a few stitches to secure it in place
4. Cut a small strip of felt to cover the fold, wrap around the centre of the bow and stitch in place
5. Finally turn the bow into your chosen accessory style....
3 Ways To Wear It:
1/ Bow Tie - thread a length of elastic through the centre loop of your bow, tie in a knot and wear under a collared shirt. Alternatively stitch on a brooch back and pin onto your shirt.
2/ Hair Accessory - thread the centre of your bow onto a hair clip or add on a hairband and use to accessorise your topknot, ponytail or other Halloween hairstyle!
3/ Necklace - pierce holes in the top of the 'wings' and thread through jump rings to attach on a chain. If you're DIY-ing the chain too check out my Guide To Necklace Lengths!
As always I'd love to hear from you if you try out this or any other project from my DIY Archives - if you liked this project don't forget to Pin it!