It's been quite some time since my last quilt update but I'm pleased to say that a few weeks ago I finally finished my patchwork quilt top! It's not perfect, the rectangles don't all line up exactly and I spent far too long trying to create the random pattern but I'm actually really happy with how it's turned out. As for the process itself I enjoyed the sewing and seeing the little rectangles grow into strips and then into something that's taller than me (!), but not the ironing. So... much... ironing!
It might be another few months until the next update as I still haven't managed to find the right backing fabric but I'm looking forward to getting on to the actual quilting!