Sunday, 10 August 2014
DIY Donut Ornaments
Another Sunday, another DIY tutorial! This week I'm showing you how to make these simple ornaments which would make the perfect piece of fun decor for your next party - you could even make a whole lot of donuts and string together to make bunting!
To make your own you will need: hama/perler beads, an iron, ironing paper, a circular pegboard, coloured embroidery threads, a needle
1. Arrange your beads into a donut design on a circular pegboard and iron as per the instructions - don't forget to use your ironing paper!
2. To flatten down the ornament, wait until it has cooled then flip over, lay on your ironing board, cover with ironing paper and repeat the ironing process on the other side
3. Once the 'donut' has fully cooled use your needle and coloured threads to stitch small lines through the holes in the centre of the beads - these are your "sprinkles"!
4. After adding the sprinkles the back of your ornament will probably look a little something like the photograph above. To fix everything in place, trim off any excess thread and secure down loose pieces with a little dab of glue.
If you want your ornament your ornament to look neat on the reverse side cover up the untidy threads by gluing on a circle of felt!
3. Finally, use another length of embroidery thread to create a hanging loop for your ornament and display!
As always I'd love to hear from you if you try out this or any other project from my DIY Archives - if you enjoy them please subscribe to my blog via Bloglovin' to make sure you don't miss any posts! :)
© e-elise etc | All rights reserved.