Today's DIY is a very simple bracelet project that will look great mixed and matched with anything! This project is very similar to the Simple Bead Bracelet I shared back in September but instead of round beads features these beautiful gemstone chips, a definite favourite staple in my bead collection. Here's the quick step-by-step...
To make your own you will need: gemstone chip beads, chain, an eyepin or length of wire, round and flat nosed pliers, two jump rings & a lobster clasp
1. Thread your chosen gemstone chips on an eyepin
2. Cut off the excess length of wire and create a second loop at the other end - the centre of your bracelet is now complete!
3. Measure around your wrist and cut two short lengths of chain
Remember, you'll be adding on the gemstone section and a clasp so the chain may not need to be as long as you think, it just depends on how you want it to fit. Alternatively, you can add on an extender chain to the bracelet to make it adjustable
4. Use a jump ring to attach your clasp onto one piece of chain, then attach a jump ring to the other length of chain
5. Use your pliers to open up the loops at either side of your gemstones and hook one length of chain onto each. Carefully close up the loops and your bracelet is done!
As always I'd love to hear from you if you try out this or any other project from my DIY Archives - use the hash tag #eelisediys to share your photos with me!