Here's the thing... it appears that I may have bought a lot of books over the last year and a half (thanks BB!) and many of them have sadly spent their lives sitting unread on either my bookshelf or Kindle. I don't really believe in New Years resolutions but I will be setting myself a few reading goals for the year, including cutting down on the amount of books I buy and reading my way through those I have already purchased.
Attempting to get through all of them in the space of one year, along with all of the new releases I'll also want to pick up, seemed like a bit of a stretch so instead I've handpicked 24 titles from the shelf to read as part of my Goodreads 50 books challenge. Here are the titles I've chosen...
1. Pride & Prejudice, Jane Austen (1813)
2. Attachments, Rainbow Rowell (2011)
3. Ghost Time, Courtney Eldridge (2013)
4. Looking For Alaska, John Green (2005)
5. Trapped, Michael Northropp (2011)
6. Beauty Queens, Libba Bray (2011)
7. The Unit, Ninni Holmqvist (2006)
8. Partials, Dan Wells (2012)
9. Unremembered, Jessica Brody (2013)
10. The Happiness Project, Gretchen Rubin (2009)
11. Harken, Kaleb Nation (2013)
12. Legend, Marie Lu (2011)
13. A Long Way Down, Nick Hornby (2005)
14. The Horologicon, Mark Forsyth (2012)
15. An Abundance Of Katherines, John Green (2006)
16. Extras, Scott Westerfeld (2007)
17. Dexter In The Dark, Jeff Lindsay (2007)
18. Under The Never Sky, Veronica Rossi (2012)
19. The Hunt, Andrew Fukuda (2012)
20. Before I Fall, Lauren Oliver (2010)
21. Sweet Little Lies, Lauren Conrad (2010)
22. Department 19, Will Hill (2011)
23. Yes Man, Danny Wallace (2005)
24. Gone Girl, Gillian Flynn (2012)
As well as the usual TBR and monthly reads posts I'll also be tracking my progress with this list here, crossing off the books as I finish them, hopefully ending 2014 having read all of these and more!
*Edit: for those that have asked my overall goal is not 24 books, but 50 new books (cutting down a little from the last two years to allow for some re-reads as well) - follow my challenge on Goodreads here
I'd also love to hear your thoughts if you've read any of these books so don't forget to leave them in the comments section below.
Do you have any reading goals for 2014?