1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8
More notably recognised for her tough attitude and excessive swearing Debra Morgan, portrayed by Jennifer Carpenter, isn't exactly your typical TV style icon (hello, Zoe Hart!). Despite this Deb's style has really evolved over seasons 7 & 8 with a slightly more chic and put together version of her laid-back style from the earlier episodes - Deb has never dressed better! The key elements to the look are stripes, skinny jeans, shirts, loose fitting knitwear, ombre hair and a pair of heeled boots. Here's a rundown of the items I've selected to recreate Deb's look...
1. Wave Denim Shirt by Acne - denim shirts have been a staple in Deb's re-worked wardrobe. This light wash shirt has an oversized, boyish cut which is versatile and perfect for layering.
2. Aviators by Ray Ban - living by the beach in Miami means it's essential to own a good pair of sunglasses. These gold-rimmed aviators by Ray Ban are both a stylish and practical choice.
3. Fisherman Stripe T-shirt by Vince - pairing basic striped shirts in various colours with simple jeans has been the go-to for Deb's everyday wear in the later seasons. A simple monochrome tee is easy to mix and match with various coloured jeans.
4. Wild Ombre by L'Oreal - to get the ombre look at home try a kit like this one from L'Oreal which has everything you need to recreate Deb's hair colour.
5. Lucca Boots in Beige by Sam Edelman - the boots Deb has been wearing on the show during season 8, which actually belong to Jennifer, are a world away from her old style chunky lace-ups. This Sam Edelman pair have a similar shape and style that will instantly smarten up your look.
6. Rally Jeans by Rag & Bone - I love the light khaki colour of these jeans which are very similar to a pair Deb was seen sporting alongside a denim shirt. Comfortable but stylish, skinny jeans are an essential of Deb's everyday look.
7. Colorblock Cardigan by J. Crew - this particular cardigan is the same one Jennifer actually wore layered over a striped tee in the 8th episode of season 8. The simple colours blend in well with the palette of her wardrobe and the loose fitting style is also great for layering.
8. Breton Tee by Topshop - another variation of the striped tee, this time with a pop of colour and short sleeves. Again, this tee has an oversized fit making it comfortable yet stylish.
*Images of Jennifer Carpenter as Debra Morgan via imdb.com