This is another design inspired by my favourite place for nail art; the Prima Creative tumblr page.
Follow the steps and photos below if you'd like to recreate this look!
You'll need: 2 or three coloured polishes, a dotting tool, a thin paintbrush, a topcoat and a basecoat
- Start by painting your nails with a protective base coat. If you want to you can leave the base of your nails bare like in the original design, if not paint one or two coats of your base colour all over the nail. I used OPI Skull & Glossbones.
- Next take your paintbrush and second shade and paint a diagonal line from about a third of the way down one edge of the nail right across the the top corner on the opposite side. For this step I used Models Own Champagne.
- Once you're happy with the line you can fill in the whole section with the same colour and leave to dry.
- To finish off the design you need to add the dots crossing over the solid section. Do this in the same way as before, creating the line of dots from about a third of the way up one side right across to the opposite corner. For the dotted section I used Topshop Lead.
- Then you can go back and fill in the rest of the section with dots making sure they line up and finish with your favourite topcoat to seal.
I hope you like this design and as always let me know if you try it out!