Polishes used: Collection 2000 Button Moon, 17 Sweet Kisses, 17 Sherbet Lemon, Topshop Pool Party
I'd been meaning to post a bunting nail tutorial for a while now and even prepared one months ago but I wasn't happy with how it looked. When I saw this tutorial for DIY nail art stickers on one of my favourite sites The Beauty Department I knew it would be perfect for creating bunting nails. My nail art posts are my most popular on the blog and I often have people say that they like nail art designs but find them too tricky, hopefully seeing these DIY stickers will show how easy it is for everyone to create some cute nail art this Spring!
To create this look you will need: a light blue polish, several other coloured polishes, a nail art pen or fine brush, matte sticky tape/scotch tape, tweezers, scissors, a basecoat & a topcoat
- First paint small strips of each of your chosen flag colours onto the tape and leave to dry
- Whilst you are waiting for the tape prepare your nails with a clear basecoat and two coats of a light blue polish
- Once your nails are dry cut a selection of small triangles from the tape
- Pick up the triangles and use the tweezers to place them onto the nails in whatever pattern you like
- Once you're happy with your design gently press the triangles down to make sure they are secure
- Use a nail art pen or a think brush to draw in the string to join up the flags
- Finish with a clear topcoat to seal the tape and polish and you'll have cute Spring/Summer appropriate bunting nails!
I hope you like this tutorial and as always if you try it out let me know, I'd love to see!