A few of you commented on yesterday's post and said you'd like to see a tutorial for these so here it is! It's a really simple design and doesn't take too long to do, plus you only need three colours.
- I started by painting my nails with a base coat and a coat of white polish. I used Barbara Daly's Goodbye Yellow and Natural Collection's Nail Tip Whitener.
- Next I painted the top half of the nail red. I used quite a dark red as apparently I don't have a bright red in my collection! You could use tape to mask off a halfway line so it's straight but I just painted them freehand as in the next step the join line will be covered. The red I used is Rapid Ruby by Rimmel.
- I took my black nail art pen and using the brush painted a line across the middle of the nail where the two colours joined. If you don't have a nail art pen you could also do this with any black polish. I used the Andrea Fulerton nail art pen.
- Using a bobby pin I added the black dots onto the middle of the lines, and once they were dry I added a white dot on top of that. If you have any proper dotter tools you can use a larger one for the black dot and a smaller one for the white which will give a neater finish. Obviously you could use a white nail art pen for the dot but since I was already using a white polish I thought it was easier to just use that.
- As always I sealed the design with a clear topcoat. I use the Sally Hansen Hard as Nails topcoat.
I hope you like the tutorial and that's it's nice and easy to follow. As always let me know if you try this out, I'd love to see!